Class Participation & Engagement - 40%
- Participation in pairs, groups, and whole class discussions
- Completion of in-class assignments
- Asking and responding to questions
- Working cooperatively with others
- Remaining on task
- Respectful interactions with peers and staff
- Maintaining organized notebooks
- Following directions
- Attendance and timeliness
Exams - 30%
- Unit Exams
- Benchmark Assessments
Projects/Major Assignments - 25%
- Individual and/or Group Projects
- Socratic Seminars
- Classroom Presentations
- Reciprocal Teaching
Homework - 5%
- Skill Practice Assignments
- Google Classroom Assignments
- Students CANNOT fail a class solely on attendance, however, when students are absent, they MUST make up missing assignments, tests, labs, etc. to ensure they earn the grades for the missing assignments.
- Students should check for grade updates via Jupiter Ed on a consistent basis.
- Parent Outreach is necessary when any student(s) is in danger of failing a class.